CAR T cells in cancer treatment: make T cells great again!
9th Institut Cochin Symposium in Paris, France organised by CARAT partner INSERM
We are pleased to announce the 9th Institut Cochin Symposium which will take place on November 16, 2018 at Institut Cochin in Paris under the title CAR T cells in cancer treatment: make T cells great again!
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell immunotherapy is a novel approach that has demonstrated very promising results in hematological malignancies. However, significant challenges remain to obtain similar results for solid tumors.
The goal of this one-day symposium is to bring together experts from academia, clinic and industry who will share their new discoveries in this very advancing field. Topics will include the history of CAR T field, gene transfer and gene editing, tumor microenvironment, emerging technologies to monitor and control CAR T function, CAR T in the clinic.
The event is organized by Emmanuel Donnadieu and Chahrazade Kantari-Mimoun from CARAT’s partner INSERM. The CARAT project is one of the symposium’s sponsors.
The list of excellent speakers includes:
- Jessica Hartmann Paul-Ehrlich-Institut (Germany)
- Justin Eyquem Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (USA)
- Ibtissam Marchiq Servier (France)
- Reno Debets Erasmus MC, Rotterdam (The Netherlands)
- Lynsey Whilding King’s College (United Kingdom)
- Claudia Rössig University of Munster (Germany)
- Chahrazade Kantari-Mimoun Institut Cochin (France)
- Philippe Bousso Institut Pasteur (France)
- Marinos Kallikourdis Humanitas Research Hospital (Italy)
- Hinrich Abken University of Cologne (Germany)
- Michael Klinchinsky University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- Franck Perez Institut Curie (France)